I am curing myself of Hashimoto's thyroiditis

I am a professional journalist who suffers from Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, an auto-immune disorder in which the body's antibodies, attack the thyroid gland. I was prescribed Thryoxine and told to take it for life. I am now challenging this directive through a course of action which I am determined will reverse my disease and restore my thyroid function. I will write regularly about what I am doing to fight this disease. Perhaps together we can prove that Hashimoto’s can be reversed.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

April 12: Irritable and restless

Hashimoto say: Silence is golden unless you’re deaf.

Today is not a good day.

I decided I was going to treat myself to the health club this morning. I was going to bypass the gym and relax in the spa area. I find the sauna and steam gets rid of so much tension and also soothes my muscles when they’re hurting. My back’s a bit creaky at the moment and I’ve got enough cricks and clicks to start a collection.

I got to the club and a notice was on the door to say there was a local power cut which meant the sauna and steam were out of action. So I had to go home and wasted 45 minutes of my precious time when I could have been generating ideas for features.

I’m a bit wound up at the moment. Work’s suddenly dried up. Oh, I’ve got my regulars, my early morning work, my Saturday news service, and other regular stuff but it’s the extra ad hoc stuff I need. I’ve got so many bloody expenses. The family seem to spend my money like it’s going out of fashion. My gas and electricity bills have gone through the roof and while all my bills seem to be rising faster than an Olympic pole-vaulter, my earnings aren’t.

Freelance journalism’s bloody tough but I’ve been doing it for 16 years and I don’t know how to do anything else. Maybe I should sell my body. Anyone want to buy a diseased thyroid?!

I didn’t have time to do my Yoga yesterday. It seemed there was too much to do and too little time to do it in. I took painkillers today for the first time in more than a week. Never mind, I’ll get back on track.

I sent a load of ideas off today to a couple of nationals and trade publications. Hopefully I might get a couple of bites.

I had acupuncture yesterday, but it didn’t do much for me this time. It’s like that. Last week I felt fantastic afterwards, really relaxed. This time, zilch.

My diet wasn’t that great yesterday. We spent most of the day at the hospital. My youngest has got to have an operation. She’s got a clubbed foot which has increasingly been causing her pain so I suppose I was a bit distressed at the thought of her having to have surgery. She’s really nonchalant about it, but I don’t think she really understands the full ramifications. We’ll have to prepare her well.

Anyway, I’ve not really got a lot to say today, so I’ll sign off.

Just a reminder for those who are not regular readers and for whom this is the first one of my posts they are reading. My regime is as follows:

Klamath Blue Green Wild Algae, 1 500mg capsule once a day; Pro-Biotic Acidophilus, 2 tablets daily, Ultimate Digestive Enzyme Blend, 1 capsule three times a day (150mg each) before meals (contains amylayse, protease, glucoamylase, malt distase, pectinase with phytase, lipase, cellulose, invertase, lactase, bromelain); Kyolic Garlic 600mg (one tablet daily); Coenzyme Q-10 (120mg, 1 a day), Vitamin E495mg and BioCare Bifidobactereum bifidum (1gm daily)

I would also remind you that I am eliminating soy/soya from my diet - as a vegetarian I now realise I consumed this to excess and everything I've read suggests soy can act as a thyroid suppressant.

I repeat again. What I am doing will not necessarily cure you. I am determined that it will cure me. My mind is unshakeably positive and I believe mind really does have power over matter. Telling me something is impossible is like a red rag to a bull. I've proved people wrong all my life. I don't intend to make this an exception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home