I am curing myself of Hashimoto's thyroiditis

I am a professional journalist who suffers from Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, an auto-immune disorder in which the body's antibodies, attack the thyroid gland. I was prescribed Thryoxine and told to take it for life. I am now challenging this directive through a course of action which I am determined will reverse my disease and restore my thyroid function. I will write regularly about what I am doing to fight this disease. Perhaps together we can prove that Hashimoto’s can be reversed.

Monday, April 17, 2006

April 17 2006: I feel like I’ve been 10 rounds with Tyson

Hashimoto say: She who is deafening in her silence might also be deaf.

Okay, will someone please tell me that this has nothing to do with my thyroid?

The last two days the backs of my thighs have been hurting. Feels like I’ve had a punch-up with Tyson or been on the treadmill all night.

Yesterday was the third Sunday of my Thyroxine reduction programme. All I’m doing is dropping one tablet a week for six weeks.

Surely my blood levels would not change that quickly. Would anyone care to comment on this?

Perhaps I should be looking at the way I’m sitting at my computer. Sometimes my legs take a lot of the stress.

I have to beat this bloody Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. I cannot be on Thyroxine for the rest of my life. If I can win at this, I can win at anything. It will be so empowering.



Speak to you soon
Hashimoto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home