I am curing myself of Hashimoto's thyroiditis

I am a professional journalist who suffers from Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, an auto-immune disorder in which the body's antibodies, attack the thyroid gland. I was prescribed Thryoxine and told to take it for life. I am now challenging this directive through a course of action which I am determined will reverse my disease and restore my thyroid function. I will write regularly about what I am doing to fight this disease. Perhaps together we can prove that Hashimoto’s can be reversed.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

April 19 2006: Watch the stubble

Hashimoto say: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush unless it shits on you in which case I’d rather keep them in the bush.

Went to the health club this morning to use the sauna, steam and swimming pool, which helped my muscles.

While I was in the steam, an old geezer asked me if I minded him shaving. If he hadn’t asked me, I probably would have had a go at him but as he had the decency to ask me, I didn’t object.

I should have objected, but you don’t do you, when someone has the decency to consider your feelings on the matter and ask you. But some poor bastard will end up anticipating a relaxing steam only to sit on the git’s stubble. I got an image of someone walking out with his beard on their bum and had to fight off the urge to break into spontaneous laughter.

Taking each day as it comes with my health. I certainly feel better than I did on Easter Monday. Found an odd looking mole on my thigh today which looked like one of those horrible pictures of skin cancer you get in medical books.

If it hasn’t gone down in a couple of days I’ll go to the doctor but it’s probably nothing. Note to readers. If you get a mole that changes colour, size, itches or bleeds, got to the doctor now!

Throat’s a bid dodgy, which could be thyroid related but then again not. I elect to say not.

Okay, here’s an exercise for you all to do today: Close your eyes and picture light entering your feet through the floor and coursing up your legs until it reaches the base of your spine, just above your bum. Picture red light at the spot. Move around to your sexual organs and picture orange light. When you’ve visualised that, go on to your solar plexis (that’s slightly above your naval, or belly button and towards the centre between your back and belly.) Then picture green light in the centre of your chest, blue light in your throat (thyroid) indigo at your third eye (just below forehead above centre of eyebrows) and finally white light entering the crown of your head and flooding your whole body.

I honestly don’t know if this does any good, but it’s one of the exercises I got from one of my thyroid books so you might want to try it and see.

It can take a while to visualise so be patient with yourself.

Okay, I’m going to do some Yoga or have a doze now. Hopefully, when I come back to my computer, someone will have commissioned me some work

Tootle pip
Hashimoto.
PS. Is there anybody there?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home