I am curing myself of Hashimoto's thyroiditis

I am a professional journalist who suffers from Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, an auto-immune disorder in which the body's antibodies, attack the thyroid gland. I was prescribed Thryoxine and told to take it for life. I am now challenging this directive through a course of action which I am determined will reverse my disease and restore my thyroid function. I will write regularly about what I am doing to fight this disease. Perhaps together we can prove that Hashimoto’s can be reversed.

Monday, April 24, 2006

April 24 2006: On a roll

Hashimoto say: He who bites into olive without checking first ends up with broken tooth.

Yesterday was the fourth Sunday I cut out a dose of thyroxine.

What a contrast to the Sunday before. Apart from a pulled back and a broken tooth (courtesy of Sainsbury’s organic olives), I feel really fit.

Went to the dentist today. It is going to cost me £380 to have a crown! Don’t suppose Sainsbury’s will pay for it.

I’m feeling supremely positive again about weaning myself off of thyroxine and getting my thyroid to function on its own.

I know it’s early days, but I know the vitamin regime I am on is giving me energy, my skin’s glowing like I’m the Fairy Liquid kid and my libido…don’t even go there!

I’m still waiting for the lady from The British Thyroid Foundation to email me. I suspect she’s got the email address wrong. Have just left a message on her answerphone so hopefully she’ll resend the research and references she said she had for me.

And, of course, I will share it with you all.

It’s odd but I just cannot seem to interest the national press in hypothyroidism. I thought it would make a great feature telling my story about how I first became ill, how I dealt with it, got diagnosed and am now fighting to restore my thyroid function.

But it seems thyroids aren’t sexy. I’m not giving up yet. I might target some of the glossy magazines as well. Will keep you posted.

Did I mention before that I went to the gym on Friday? The fact I was able to get through the whole programme boosted my confidence that I was going to lick this thing.

My spiritual healing teacher who is also my healer made a good point when she said it was not surprising I felt really ill last Sunday because my thyroid was probably battling with the anti-thyroid antibodies and that may have been a turning point in my recovery.

As far as I can see, I’m still winning.
Speak to you soon
Love
Hashimoto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home