I am curing myself of Hashimoto's thyroiditis

I am a professional journalist who suffers from Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, an auto-immune disorder in which the body's antibodies, attack the thyroid gland. I was prescribed Thryoxine and told to take it for life. I am now challenging this directive through a course of action which I am determined will reverse my disease and restore my thyroid function. I will write regularly about what I am doing to fight this disease. Perhaps together we can prove that Hashimoto’s can be reversed.

Friday, May 26, 2006

May 25 2006: Next stage of the cure

Hashimoto say: He who works hard and plays hard ends up knackered

Hello again dear readers

I know, it's been ages.

It's been a case of manic May. I've been getting work commissions like there's no tomorrow. The way dear Tony and George are going, who knows, maybe there won't be. Not that they don't have good intentions. But tell me, after all these centuries of using war to achieve our aims, you would have thought the world would finally get enlightened. Still what the hell else are they supposed to do when evil shits keep trying to blow us up.

But I still maintain that violence is for idiots not for highly-evolved beings. Clearly, highly-evolved we are not! There's centuries of misunderstanding to resolve. It's a big education process. Violence makes it worse and wars are just a short-term fix during which ordinary human beings have their families torn apart.

Anyway, I digress, this is supposed to be a blog about how I'm weaning myself of thryoxine. Well, I completed six weeks of dropping one 100mcg tablet a week. No ill effects. Indeed, I'd say I've been calmer and less edgy overall.

I did get an awful cold and pulled my back out but I doubt whether that's anything to do with my thyroid. I pulled my back last week trying to do a shoulder stand, which is part of my Yoga routine for stimulating my thyryoid to produce its own thryoxine. I lost my balance and tried to pull my legs back up into the shoulder stand position and then, somoething ripped.

So I'm backwards and forwards to a wonderful chiropracter at the moment called Carl Irwin.

This Sunday will be the beginning of week 3 of cutting out thyroxine twice a week on Sundays and Wednesdays. I've had muscle pains in my legs but I think that's more to do with the strain my back's been enduring rather than my thryoid. However, I am concerned about skin dryness between my thumb and first finger on my right hand. However, this again might be nothing to do with my thyroid.

As I've said in previous entries, the problem with a thyroid condition is you end up attributing every symmptom to it.

Energywise, I've been fine and same with the weight. I'm fluctuating between 10 and a half stone and 10 stone 9 1b which is usual for me. If my weight balloons without me stuffing my face more than usual, then I'll know my experiment to cure myself is not working.

However, so far so good, I think. I'm still taking 120mg of co-enzyme Q-10 every day and all the other stuff I've mentioned in earlier posts. So we shall see.

Look, at the very worst, I've discovered that I can cut my thryoxine back by 100mcg a week and feel better for it. But I could still achieve a turnaround of my thryoid disease and I believe I will.

Incidentally, I know loads of people are looking at this site because I get emails from the site meter once a week telling me the numbers. Yet no one is leaving comments.

I would so like to make this site more interactive responding to your comments and including your views and your experiences.

So please do post comments.

I'll be in touch again soon.

Hashimoto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home